28 June 2010

What's Happening in my Garden.....

I am a renter, but currently trying to change that.  My sweet hunny and I are on the house hunt.  Knowing this, I hesitate to landscape and garden since I am always deeply saddened to leave behind plants I have raised and loved.  As a result, it is all about container gardening for me this year.  I still have some more work to do, but I am really enjoying the look of my garden.  I have some photos to share....




This is my lovely little basil plant that was given to me when it had but three leaves on it.





This is a photo of the moonvine and morning glory plants my daughter and I planted as seeds just a couple of months ago.  Unfortunately there are no blooms the day this was taken, but just know they are lovely.  There are white, blue, purple, and variegated varieties in that one box. (Note the thriving okra plant at the bottom center..)






It is not the best photo, but there are two passion vine cuttings that have finally taken root (thank you Katinka) and are beginning to become proper plantykins.  I cannot wait until the precious, unique flowers are in full blossom!!

This is another box of moonvine and morning glory plants my daughter and I are nurturing.  We are hoping they will wrap around and take over the whole bench.  That would be site indeed.

Well, there are many more photos, but I will leave it at that for now.  By the next update on my garden, I hope to have pictures of my herb seedlings, as well as Before and After photos of the back yard.....

5 comments:

Alexandra Tomečková said...

Wow, it's looking good. I didn't know you were looking for a house, good luck!

perfidia said...

Thank you! Yes, C and I are looking for a house. I think we might end up here in Austin for another two years, if all goes according to plan. If so, it would be nice to stop paying someone else's mortgage.

Ideally, I would like to move out to the country and own land. Maybe Smithville or Wimberley, but that is a little further into the future....

Alexandra Tomečková said...

Sounds like a good plan, not unlike my own. Glad to hear other people still like nature.

perfidia said...

As I tend to utter repeatedly, so you may already know this, I was born and raised on a farm. At heart, I am a small town, country girl. I long to raise my children with horses, chickens, a proper garden, and room to run and play.

John M. Tomeček, PhD Student, Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences said...

I've had to garden in containers for a while now. It certainly is different from what I grew up with! I wish you both luck in your search!