- My teacher might feel that I disrespected him in showing up for class late.
- My fellow classmates will be disrupted/distracted by my showing up late for class.
- My grade will suffer, as tardiness compounds and lowers one's grade as would an absence.
31 August 2010
Please respect the 'bell.' I respect you and your work enough to show up before the class begins. At the same time, I expect that you will respect my work and time. I need the 10 or so minutes to walk across campus and be on time for my next class. If you keep me past the bell, I will likely be late for my next meeting, putting into motion a string of disrespectful events:
26 August 2010
I am terribly excited at how this new year is shaping up. My son has entered the first grade, my daughter is in preschool, and my wee one has moved to the bumblebee class. These transitions have all gone seamlessly. They are all doing really well. In fact I believe they are thriving, learning more than they were previously.
I am also beginning my final semester as an undergrad. I was a bit upset about having to go back to classes so soon after completing the summer semester (less than a week and a half), but I am alright with it now. My classes are so lovely and interesting, and the professors seem to be passionate about the subjects they are teaching. In all, I see this as an exciting few months ahead....
As is my way, I have made a list of goals and small achievements I hope to keep up with over the semester (and likely beyond).
This semester I will:
1) Walk/ride my bicycle to all of my classes instead of riding the bus
2) Do the majority of my homework on the weekends, so that during the week I can pay more attention to working with Z on his reading, A on her letters, and N on signs and communicating
3) Take the stairs instead of the elevator
4) Schedule in 'me' time, where I actually do nothing other than enjoy my life (i.e. no homework, no housecleaning)
5) Be better about keeping up with the housework by ridding myself of my excess. This will be done by giving away more of the things that I do not need, and that I know my friends will enjoy.... (maybe a garage sale as well)
Just five simple goals, but they are enough to keep me busy, yet simplify my world by huge degrees....