14 September 2009

Philosophical Geology

Today was Grand. It is nice to be immersing myself, once again, in the world knowledge pursuit. I made many new discoveries, and dusted off a few old ones......

Have you ever
heard of the banyan tree, or its marvelous fruit? Well, it is quite an amazing creature. It grows aerial roots that connect to the ground in whatever spot they happen to touch. This makes it look as though it has numerous trunks....

In India there have been banyan trees that have grown canvases that span acres, literally. Oh how I wish that I h
ad a space on which to plant the seeds of this wild plant and let it take root where it pleases... but, alas, I have no such land. Not yet at least, though I do have the seeds.....

I have some other seeds that I have been waiting to plant.... *story time* ...... One of my first memories is from when I was about 4. I have other, earlier memories, but those are more sketches, without a sound stage and lighting..... Anyway, in this memory I had a preschool teacher that I loved. Upon graduating from her class she gave each of her students a most magnificent gift.....

a mimosa pudica plant. What makes this plant so spectacular was the fact that it is a sensitive to touch. The leaves will curl when touched. To be so young and have such a fascinating plant, it awakened in me a love for plants which I have to this day!
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

After reliving this memory time and again, I found an online dealer in mimosa pudica seeds, .... and I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my very own! I shall have to get just the right pot.




No comments: