16 September 2009

The Fae Come Out to Play....

Oh, how I love it when the rains come. We have had such a drought in Texas this year, that even though it is almost Autumn, the rains have caused the world to look like Spring. So many flowers are blooming, and the grasses are re-greening. It is a little magickal faery land outside my door. It is amazing to see how quickly the plants will 'spring' back to life with just a wee bit of nourishment.

Wildflowers have always been my favorite. What many look upon as weeds (i.e. dandelions), I look upon as wonderful little miracles of nature. Those blooms in my yard, which did not come from seeds I had sewn, are special gifts to me.


Of these little gifts, perhaps my favorite are these. I have no idea what they are, I call them wild irises, but I do know that they are the work of fairies. Just looking at them one can tell. ......

In my neighborhood, each morning I am greeted by their beauty. I find it amusing how they will take over an entire yard in one spot, and leave the yard next to it completely alone. The fairies are obviously picking and choosing their playgrounds... but of course. Here is an especially lovely playground I watch often...

3 comments:

cappy sue creations said...

hey I love this post just beautiful images and wording

Sphinxie said...

Those are called rain lilies.

perfidia said...

Thank you Cappy Sue, for your kind words/compliments and thanks to you, Sphinxie, for answering a long unanswered question...